Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hot

Pat has been bugging me to post something, so here I am.

Summer officially starts tomorrow. I'm not a fan of summer. As a kid, I used to love it (what kid doesn't?) but that was probably at least partly due to not having to go to school for three months. But my tolerance for heat is not what it used to be. Spring and fall are my new favorite seasons, with those moderate temperatures that aren't too hot and aren't too cold. Technically I prefer spring (it just feels different), but spring comes with the knowledge that it's only going to keep getting hotter, and as soon as the weather settles on a good average temperature for me, I've got maybe a month, if I'm lucky, before it starts getting too hot.

Fall, on the other hand, doesn't have quite the same feeling that spring does, but the steadily dropping temperature over the autumn months suits me much better than the heat does.

At any rate, here we are, at the beginning of summer, and I know I have a long three months ahead of me. Air conditioning is my new best friend.

P.S. - I did actually have to look up online to see if today or tomorrow was the first day of summer. I can never remember. And it turns out there's a good reason why. The First Day of Summer, if anyone's interested in a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment