Saturday, October 2, 2010

Books and More Books

Pat and I finally got over to the public library today to get our library cards here in Dubuque (much more of a big deal for me than for him). I've been busy with other things so I haven't had much time to read anyway, but it's been kind of frustrating being stuck with only the books I own. Because really, as much as I love reading, I don't have a very extensive library myself. It's grown a bit since I started working at Borders, but not by much.

Speaking of Borders, I had an interview at the Dubuque store yesterday. It went pretty well. She didn't say, "You're hired," but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't work out, especially with the holidays fast approaching. I should hear back by the end of next week, after she has a chance to talk to my manager from the Oak Brook store.

Back to the library, though. I got my card, and checked out my allotted three books. Yes, three. I used to check books out 10 at a time back in Westmont. But here, until my 90-day probationary period is up, I'm limited to three at a time. Which shouldn't really be a huge problem -- after all, I'm only reading one at a time -- it's just going to be a lot more back and forth than I had to do before.

I'm just glad to get back to reading new things again, rather than books I've already read and re-read several times. Not that there's anything wrong with those books, it's just a little tiring when that's my only option.

Final note: the library is 3.6 miles from my apartment. Any walking trips there in my future? I guess we'll see. With the weather getting cooler, I may try it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment