Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NaNo & GoodReads

I finished my novel on Saturday. Yay! Final word count was 65,731, for an average of 3460 words per day. Obviously my 10K-day to start helped inflate that, but I do wonder if I could keep up that pace for an entire month. Every year I've done NaNo, I have always finished writing before Thanksgiving, condensing what is officially a 30-day goal -- and sometimes beyond -- into just 2 or 3 weeks. How many stories might I have written by now if I was this productive year-round? Seems like every November (well, the years I actually participate) I remember how much I love it . . . but then it just falls to the wayside again.

Anyway, I spent a good chunk of today doing a different kind of writing: book reviews. I do like writing at least a little something on Goodreads, to explain my star rating if nothing else, but so often I don't do it right away, and then I forget . . . which leads to days like today when I go back and write ten or more reviews at once. I'm determined that eventually they will all have reviews, but considering I still have over 100 books without them, that day is not coming any time soon.

Anyway, here is a list of my most recent reviews, for anyone who might be interested:

The Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini
Eragon
Eldest
Brisingr
Inheritance

The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay

The Talisman, by Stephen King & Peter Straub

Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella

2 comments:

  1. Is it sad that I didn't find out that my wife finished writing her novel until she posted it on the blog?

    Her response "well, I posted it on twitter..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently reading Inheritance and just bought The Hungar Games trilogy. They both seem popular at the momment thanks the wait for the former and Hollywood the latter:)

    ReplyDelete