Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Something NOT About Football!

I've been meaning to do some non-football-related posts, and since I can't sleep right now, this seems like as good a time as any.

We're already at the end of September (wait, wasn't it JUST Labor Day?) and it's finally officially fall. Pat mourns the end of summer; I bask in the gloriousness that is fall.

The main reason I love fall is just because I hate summer. I want to like it, but my not being one who handles heat well sort of gets in the way of that. Even the 80s are too hot for my taste, so when we're dealing with multiple days of 90+, or even triple digits, I can't stand it. And then there are those annoying people who always say, "Oh, just wait until winter and you'll be wishing for days like this!" but no, trust me, I won't. The cold doesn't bother me. Cold is easy; just add another layer. But when you're hot, there's just nothing you can do except hide in the air conditioning until it's over.

So yes, bring on fall.


(Prompt courtesy of Ginger's Bring Back the Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment