Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wait For It...

I know, I've been quiet for a while. I'm going to get better at that, I promise.

This last month was an interesting one. Last time I checked in, I was having a bit of a crisis, and Pat and I were getting ready to head out of town. I actually ended up staying in Lombard for three weeks. I may or may not go into more detail about that later (let's be honest, I probably won't . . . although a couple other things of note happened while I was there, so maybe I actually will . . .) but for now I'll just leave it at, my dad's recovering well. (And the last three weeks did nothing to help my weight-loss, so I guess my crisis is on hold for now.)

Anyway, today I signed up for my first ever fantasy football league. It's with some friends from back home (along with a few people I don't know). We had our draft tonight and it was a rather nerve-wracking experience. Not only had I never done this before, but I only decided two days ago to join (Pat bullied me into it), and I hadn't done any research, so I was making all my decisions on the fly through a mixture of the player rankings and my gut . . . which admittedly is pretty useless when it comes to players outside of the Bears and the NFC North, but hey, I don't want to play with a bunch of guys I don't know anything about. I may not have always picked the best player, but I'd rather have fun playing guys I've at least heard of before.

My final roster is as follows (bold names are my starters . . . for now):

Quarterbacks
Cam Newton (CAR)
Eli Manning (NYG)
Joe Flacco (BAL)

Running Backs
Matt Forte (CHI)
David Wilson (NYG)
Reggie Bush (DET)
Eddie Lacy (GB)

Wide Receivers
Calvin Johnson (DET)
Pierre Garcon (WAS)
Marques Colston (NO)
Steve Smith (CAR)

Tight Ends
Kyle Rudolph (MIN)
Brandon Pettigrew (DET)

Kickers
David Akers (DET)
Kai Forbath (WAS)

Defense/Special Teams
San Francisco
Baltimore

Defensive Players
Lance Briggs (CHI)
NaVorro Bowman (SF)
Bobby Wagner (SEA)

So, that's my team. I guess we'll see how they do for me.

In other news, the library will be open on Sundays again . . . starting the same week that football does. Well, I won't be spending all afternoon there the way I was during the spring, I guess. Still, it'll be nice to get back to the routine of going over there every week, instead of the sporadic visits I've been making all summer.

(Oh, and since you're probably still wondering on the title, the name of my fantasy team is "Wait For It...")

No comments:

Post a Comment