Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas in January!

Pat and I got new toys yesterday!

After much deliberation (and frustration), we decided to switch from Verizon to Sprint. And to go along with our new plan, we decided to try these newfangled smartphones everyone seems to have nowadays. I had first gotten the idea in my head simply because I didn't know if they even made regular flip-phones anymore. Turns out they do. Not many, but I could have gone with this Samsung model if I wanted, which is pretty dang close to the phone I've had for a couple years now, just a little newer.

But by this time we'd already kind of started liking the idea of getting cool new phones, besides the fact that with Sprint's plan we could get unlimited web, texts, pictures, etc., for about the same as our current bill with Verizon (which doesn't include unlimited anything). So even if we only use our phones for calling and texting -- all we've had up till now -- it's not costing us any extra. Not to mention we have the option of doing a zillion other things.

My biggest sell on getting a smartphone was being able to stream Pandora to my phone. Now that I've been working out at the Y, I've been kind of wishing I had an mp3 player to bring along and keep it more interesting. Now that's built-in.

So of course, I've been spending all day playing with my new phone and messing with apps. I really haven't added that many apps. I did get Pandora and Facebook . . . and a nifty little fitness app that I'll write more about tomorrow, in what's become my weekly diet/exercise update.

Really, though . . . I'm curious to see how this whole smartphone thing works out for me. Because I tend to like to keep things simple. On the other hand, I'm having TONS of fun with it right now. It'll be interesting to see how I start to use it on a day-to-day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment