Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raveling

So, about a million years ago (actual time, circa 2005), a friend of mine taught me how to crochet. I made a few things, and then stopped. Can't remember if I just lost interest, was busy with school, ran out of money to buy supplies, or it was some combination of the above.

Well I've been meaning to start up again for a while. Then, the same friend who taught me how to do it in the first place sent a bunch of us a link to Ravelry, which is one of those specialized social networking sites, this one for crafters. So I started an account, started browsing around, and the next thing I knew I was digging out my old crocheting stuff. Over the past three days, I've made a blanket (actually, finished one that was about 25% done when I quit the last time), a scarf, and some cute little wrist-warmers.



The blanket is one that I was supposed to make my brother all those years ago, and he just loves to remind me about it from time to time. So, he'll have to find something new to complain about now. I was really excited about the wrist-warmers because they're the first thing I've made that's not flat. I pretty much just stuck to blankets and scarves before.

And speaking of scarves, I'd love to make one to match the wrist-warmers, more decorative than functional, but I don't have enough of that particular yarn left to make even a small one. I've been trying to use up the leftovers I have from old projects before I go buying more. However, I am driving Pat to work tomorrow so I can have the car. Mainly so I can go to the Y, but there may be a shopping trip in my future as well. I'll have to control myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment