Monday, May 2, 2011

Four Months Down

Four months down, and my weight-loss is coming along nicely. At this rate, I'll reach my goal by the end of the year, but I know that's not how these things work, and I'm not expecting that. Currently, I lose anywhere between 1 and 3 lbs a week, depending on the week. But even if I never hit one of those dreaded plateaus everyone always complains about, I know it will eventually slow down. It's fine to be losing that much when I'm 50 lbs overweight. My body's going to reject my efforts if I try to lose that much when I'm only 15 lbs overweight. So eventually I'll be losing only 1 lb a week, and then maybe even just 2-3 lbs a month, until I gradually ease into my new weight and maintain it.

Besides, my REAL goal isn't even to hit a certain number. My real goal is to be healthy, to look and feel great. I'm aiming for 140 because I need something to aim for. For me (little 5'3" me), that's the high end of "healthy" on the BMI scale. But who knows. I might get to 150 and be perfectly healthy. I might get to 140 and realize I really should lose another 15 lbs. And as I get closer I'll start paying more attention to other things that are a more accurate representation of my health than the number on the scale, to figure out where my "magic number" really is.

Anyway, thanks for all the support so far, and sorry my blog posts have been so single-minded lately.

But at least I'm not talking about World of Warcraft. Oops, I mean . . .

Kidding, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment