Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chicago Bears: Week 6 (Bye Week)

Chicago Bears   4-1
Minnesota Vikings   4-2
Green Bay Packers   3-3
Detroit Lions   2-3

Since the Chicago Bears were on bye this week, I decided to take the opportunity to talk a little bit about the rest of the division. I've been having some computer problems this week so I'll be keeping this very brief.

I was a little disappointed this weekend. The Lions pulled off an OT win in their game against the Eagles, and the Packers unexpectedly crushed the Houston Texans who had been viewed by many as the most balanced team in the league this year. I have to at least laugh at the irony. They lose to the Colts, but beat the Texans. Anyway, the Vikings lost to the Redskins so that puts the Bears in a 1/2 game lead in the division. I don't hold a lot of stock in that though. Don't get me wrong, the Bears are doing well, but until everyone has played an even number of games again, week 11, I don't put a lot of stock in a 1/2 game lead.

Anyway, I'll be including the records of the rest of the NFC North at the top of each of my weekly posts. Later in the season, I'll probably also include their division record, but so far only 2 of those 12 games have taken place so there's not a lot of value of that stat yet. In fact, 75% of the division games don't take place until the last half of the season. I know that each team usually has a couple of their division games towards the end of the season, but this year it seems very heavily back weighted. Anyway, I just thought that was interesting when I was looking at the other teams' schedules for when the last two bye weeks were.

Hopefully the Bears come out strong from the bye week like they normally do and take it to those dirty Lions at Soldier Field next Monday. Go BEARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment